What is a Spotify account?
Spotify is a digital music, podcast, and video platform specifically designed to provide access to millions of songs from every category and other content from creators all around the globe. How to delete spotify account People need to make an account to avail all of its services. Some of its basic functions, such as playing music, are free, but there is also an option to upgrade to Spotify Premium.
Simple and Premium account of Spotify offers the following features to all the users:
- It provides recommendations based on the user’s taste.
- It is functioned to Build collections of music and podcasts automatically.
- Spotify is available for many devices, such as computers, phones, tablets, speakers, TVs, and cars. It is also possible to easily transition from one to another with Spotify Connect.
Spotify provides access to music and podcasts through apps. Its licensing conveys the message that there’s no way to export its content outside of the app.
Steps to delete Spotify account
If someone is no longer using Spotify, they can delete the account. However, it is only possible to delete Spotify’s account on the Spotify website using an internet browser. If someone is using its free version, they need to delete the account directly, but it is necessary to cancel their subscription for all the premium users, and then they can delete their Spotify account. Before deleting, it is significant to know the repercussions.
After closing or deleting the account, it won’t be possible to use the current username with Spotify again. If someone wants to get in, they will need to create a new account with the same email address. Moreover, it will also cancel the access to playlists, and users will also lose all the music they have saved to the library.
Here’s a full step-by-step guide:
- First of all, click “Account” on the Contact Spotify Support page.
- Go to account settings and click “I want to close my account.” Now, a user must verify that he wants to close the account or cancel the paid subscription permanently.
- On the left side, there is an option “Close Account.” Click on it to move forward with deletion.
- Now close the account or cancel the Spotify subscription.
- All these steps will bring users to a page that says, “We’re sad you want to leave us,” and will begin the five-step process to delete the account.
- To move forward after each step, it is mandatory to Click the blue “Continue” button.
- Now it will ask for Verification that if users signed in to the right account. Click the blue “Continue” button to proceed further.
- In the end, click “Continue” after confirming that this is the right account.
- Spotify will warn the users that they are going to lose their followers as well as playlists. They need to check the box confirming that they understand the consequences and click the blue “Continue” button.
- Now click “Continue” again on the next page. It will send an email to get the final confirmation that the user wants to delete the account for sure. In an email, the user will receive a link as well. Open the link and click the final “Close My Account” option. This seems like a green button and must be clicked within 24 hours after receiving the email.
Also read: How to turn off pop up blocker