Nose bleed is an indication or, better say, a symptom of many health problems. There is nothing that scares you out in most of the problems. It is most common among the people who live in hot regions of the globe. People living in sold regions rarely get a nose bleed, mostly due to extremely dry weather conditions. In the following article, we get to know about How to stop a bloody nose? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Sometimes it is scary, and combining it with other symptoms may indicate a life-threatening disease or condition. Nose bleeding is not dangerous and is not a big issue for most people. Covering nose bleed is not a big deal for most people because everything you need is available at home.
In most regions of the globe, the reasons behind nose bleed are listed below;
Nasal sprays, including steroids
Extreme dry weather conditions
Severe nose injury
Too much hot air inside during winters
People on medications like blood-thinning agents are responsible for thinning the blood. In severe cases, the nose may start bleeding and serious health issues.
Some simple tips:
Nose bleed can be controlled by following simple tips that can easily perform at home. But some cases need immediate medical attention and should be considered serious. If the bleeding does not stop even after 30 minutes, it is time to consult a doctor immediately.
If the nose bleeds more frequently, that is around six times or more per year. It needs to be consulted with a physician. So, it is possible that the bleeding may feel poring in the throat and the nose. It indicates a very serious condition, and the patient should seek immediate medical attention.
Suppose the nose bleed is accompanied by other fatal symptoms like pain in the chest, dizziness, high blood pressure, tachycardia, and bradycardia. In that case, it should be investigated without delaying a single moment.
The tips that help to control nose bleeding are listed below;
- If there is blood in your nose, do not let your head down.
- Let the nose bleed for a minute, and it will stop. Do not put tissues around or a tampon as it makes the bleeding worse.
- Nasal sprays of decongestion may work to stop bleeding. You have to spray these at least three times.
- Do not get panic and let your nose bleed. It is fine to let it bleed for some time.
- After 10 minutes of nose bleed, it is now time to put a cotton ball and soak extra blood. Now place another cotton ball and hold it inside for about 5 minutes.
- Do not stand straight as well. It may cause bleeding from running down your throat and causing abdominal issues.
- If you successfully stop bleeding, please try not to blow your nose for about two days.
- Pour freezing water over your head while lowering your head. It will help to stop bleeding immediately.
- You can use some ice packs to put on your neck and head.
- Wash your nose with water and pinch the nostrils to stop bleeding.
Also read: how to introduce yourself in an interview.