Making white rice is as easy as making an egg, but both have different methods, so in this article, I will guide you on how to make white rice perfectly.
The rice is just like wheat, the most consuming cereal that we also consume 2 to 4 times a week. There are more than 2000 varieties of small, large, and medium grains. Medium grains are the most consuming variety of rice worldwide.
How To Make White Rice
There are different methods to make rice, like with or without covering the pot. To prepare the perfect cooked grains of white rice, you have to control the cooking points of rice.
I am using garlic and cloves in this recipe, making your white rice tastier. So let’s get started.
- 1 cup of Rice
- 2 cups of Water
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Half tbsp of Salt
- 2- 3 Cloves
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- To prepare the rice, first of all, wash the rice so that it cleans and the starch present on rice grains is washed off and does not cause the sticking of rice grains with each other. After passing the rice, soak them in water for about 15 minutes in lukewarm water.
- Put the pot on medium flame, add olive oil, cloves, garlic, and salt, and cook for 2 minutes. Keep stirring while cooking.
- Add water to it and let it boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add soaked rice to the pot.
- Keep stirring while cooking the rice so that they dont stick with the pot and each other.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes. Keep checking while cooking that the grain of rice is softer inside.
- Turn off the flame. Your white rice is ready to serve.
- Rice is soaked in water for about 15 minutes in lukewarm water.
Vegetable White Rice
It’s my ideal recipe for cooking white rice with vegetables to make it colorful and tasty.
2 cups of soaked Rice
4 cups of Water
1 Onion peeled and chopped
1 cup boiled peas
One cup boiled carrots
1 tbsp of chicken powder
Add olive oil, onion and garlic paste to the pot and let them fry for about 5 minutes.
Now add carrots and peas to it and saute them.
Add salt and pepper and stir well.
Now add 4 cups of water and chicken powder to it and let it boil.
Now drain the rice and put it in the pot.
Cook for 5 minutes and keep stirring until they dont start sticking.
Now low the flame and cover the pot for 15 minutes.
When the time is over, check that all the water has evaporated and your rice is ready to eat.
Please turn off the flame and enjoy it hot.
Tips To Make Rice
Always use 1 portion of rice and two of water.
To make white rice use medium size kernels.
Keep stirring rice softly so that they don’t stick with the pot or each other but don’t stir too much. It also breaks the grains of rice.
When the rice starts boiling, put them on low heat; otherwise, the water evaporates early, and the rice grain remains hard and uncooked.